Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Dessie

Well Dessie is a mud bath!! well only temporarily it is raining at present, but it is a very nice town very lively and high up in the mountains. It is cold though today I am wearing a jumper and two cardigans!!
People are so friendly here and our social life is begining to take off, we were invited to dinner last weekend by an Ethiopian couple it was lovely - their house was like a shed though a nicely decorated shed, our house in comparision is a mansion in Ethiopian terms.
Work is good hasnt really taken off yet but I think it will be good, the people are lovely so kind and friendly.
Met two other foreigners at the post office today - the place to hang out!! the pst office should open at two pm but it was more like 2:30pm but as we were "guests" we were allowed sit inside to wait. Anyway will post again soon, I have the internet at home now so should be much easier,
Slán
Orla

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Orla,
Don't be fooled - we are all doing a rain dance here for you, so that you will feel at home in Dessie. It's backfired a little though, because it has not stopped raining here for the past two days! I think that we might stop dancing now! It's also getting a little cooler - but not into the jumper and two cardigans yet, probably only a couple of weeks away. Good to hear it's all going well. Luv, Gay

9:53 a.m. GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Orla,
Wet here too. There has been flooding in parts of England and Scotland. All well here. Warm clothes on the way, I hope. Skype is topped up. Thanks for thinking of my b'day.
Lots of Love,
Jerome

6:18 p.m. GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Orla,

Graham and I sent you a package hope you get it. Sent you a picture of the scan, so you can see what mary looks like. image of me i think!! Noting new here, off sick for the weekend so ill give you a ring. though with your busy social life now you may not be there!! That post office sounds like the one in Skerries, except they wouldnt let you sit in and wait.

love ya

Eithne
ps Daithi has started doing potrait photography, first victims are graham and I!! He wants to start off easy and take photo's off us in the NUDE!! Asked me to tone up and get a tan....

4:47 p.m. GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Orla,
Just a quick hello - I've been trying to get things moving here in the local post-office - think it would be a great idea - change the drink culture here. I'm not having much luck... and I'm afraid that they will begin to think I'm casing the place!!
Seriously - Jerome tells me he's been speaking to you and that you are getting on well. Glad to hear it's all going well.
Luv Gay & Billy

11:04 a.m. GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dress Rehearsal tonight at 7 pm. Agh!!
J

1:25 p.m. GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home